JotForm Review 2021 – Why This Is The Best Form Builder?
JotForm Review – A Quick Overview.
What Is Jotform?
JotForm is an online form builder that helps you to create professional-looking forms and provide advanced styling options to match your form with your brand. It helps you to design and publish online forms and alert you with an email whenever you receive any response on your form.
It offers 10,000+ form templates so that you don’t have to start from scratch. 100+ integrations with 3rd party tools make your work handier. It is a leading brand in the online form builder community and is trusted by 7M+ users worldwide.
With JotForm you can create…
- Registration Forms.
- Contact Forms.
- Application Forms.
- Conversational Forms.
- Translate Forms and much more.
JotForm has a free plan that can help you to create 5 forms and allows 100 submissions. Sign Up for their free plan by clicking on the button below!
JotForm Features - Nutshell.
JotForm Review - Detailed.
History Of JotForm:- Jotform is a San Francisco-based company that offers drag and drop online form building services. It provides pre-built form templates which you can easily edit according to your need without any technical knowledge.
JotForm was founded in 2006 by Aytekin Tank and by 2012, it already had 700,000+ users. Their company had developed well with time and currently has 250+ employees. With Jotform you can design and publish nearly all types of online forms.
It comes with 100+ integrations such as Google sheet, Adobe Sign, Paypal, etc to make your work more convenient. Now let’s talk about my favorite features in JotForm.
What Do I Like In JotForm (My Favorite Features)?
Although JotForm is full of amazing features there are some special features that I loved the most. Do you want to know about these features?
Take a look at my personal favorite features in Jotform.
- 10k+ Form Templates: What can be more amazing than having such a huge list of pre-built templates. Even if you are designing your first form you can easily learn from these templates. JotFrom provides templates for different categories such as Form Templates, Card Form Templates, Table Templates, and PDF templates. You can use these templates for creating different types of forms.
- Secure Payment Forms: With JotForm you can easily create secure online subscription forms. JotForm provides 30+ trusted payment gateway integrations for receiving online payments securely.
- Integration With More Than 100 Online Platforms: You can easily integrate more than 100 apps with JotForm. Jotform has some of the top brand integration to help its users.
- Amazing Support Team: If you are having any problem using it you can simply ask your question to their support team. Their average response time is 6 hours but they usually reply to your request in few minutes. The support team of JotForm definitely adds a plus point to their overall score.
Types Of Forms You Can Create With JotForms!
JotForms helps you to create different types of forms with a simple drag and drop editor. With JotForm you can create the following types of online forms-
HIPAA-compliant forms are generally used for collecting sensitive information about patients. These types of forms are generally used to collect health-related information from people which is not meant to be shared with others.
HIPAA forms are considered safe for collecting personal health information.
With JotForm you can easily create a HIPAA-compliant form in a couple of minutes even if you don’t have any technical skills. HIPAA form automatically encrypts form data to ensure the ultimate security of data.
If you are designing a HIPAA form with JotForm then you don’t have to start with scratch. You can easily use its ready-to-use HIPAA form templates to create a new one for you.
Smart PDF Forms.
Filling and sending a PDF form takes a lot of time. You have to wait for the responses until they print, fill, scan and send their responses.
But with JotForm you can easily create an interactive PDF form and can turn that form into a mobile-friendly online form.
Before JotForm to convert your PDF form into a mobile-friendly form you must have knowledge of coding but now you can easily create one with this platform. Converting a PDF form is very simple. Just follow the below steps-
- First, upload your PDF form to JotForm.
- Second, convert it into HTML web form with the help of JotForm.
- Now collect responses with your form and keep the original PDF layout.
JotForm helps you to create robust mobile forms that can be accessed anywhere with mobile and tablet devices.
You can create responsive mobile forms that work on android devices. JotForm provides advance mobile form fields that improve your data collection process. You can even collect data like recorded voices, scanned barcodes, and electronic signatures with these mobile forms.
Secure Payment Forms.
As we discussed above that JotForm helps you in creating secure payment forms. All of your secure forms will be protected with 256 bit SSL to provide maximum security to your data.
Also, you can easily encrypt your data to make sure that all the collected data is stored in a secure manner and nobody can read it except than you.
JotForm provides lots of templates for all these types of forms so that you can easily create a new form for your brand.
JotForm Features - In Detail.
I already have mentioned features of JotForm but at this segment of the JotForm review, we will discuss every feature in detail.
JotForm Prefill Feature.
Let’s first start with the newest feature of JotForm. With this tool, you can add prefill data for various form fields like contact information, addresses, and other information.
It helps to create a better form-filling experience for your customers. You can create prefill contact forms, sign-up forms, and can sync that form with your CRM.
It also saves your customers time by filling in information automatically. Prefill feature also helps to reduce writing mistakes in form.
Automatic Approval Workflow.
To automate your approval process JotForm provide the “JotForm Approvals” feature. This tool helps you to automate the approval process for your form entries.
JotForm Approval helps you to create a perfect approval flow without coding. With its simple and easy drag and drop builder, you can easily add approvers and emails to your approval process.
In simple words, this tool turns the responses of your form into tasks. You can assign different tasks to different approvers and can also set a time limit for the completion of that task. To learn more about it visit their official website.
This tool helps you to avoid complications of creating a spreadsheet for all of your data collected by your JotForm Forms.
You can easily organize and manage all of your collected data with JotForm Tables. With a few clicks, you can also import CSV and Excel files directly into your JotForm Tables.
You can also sync a published form with your JotForm Tables and whenever you will receive a new response for that particular form it will automatically get updated in your JotForm Tables.
In short, it is an all-in-one data management workplace for all the data collected by JotForm.
JotForm Report Builder.
“Human brains process visuals 60,000 times faster than they do text.” (University of Minnesota)
Yes humans are 5x more attracted to a visual piece of information than plain sets of texts. For this purpose you can use Report Builder tool of JotForm.
With this tool you can easily convert the responses of your form into beautiful visual reports. Take a look👇.
Creating a visual report with this tool is very easy. Just follow these steps-
- First, create a form with JotForm.
- Publish your form and collect all the responses.
- Use data collected through your form and convert that data into a custom report or presentation that suits your brand.
You can also customize the layout of your report to showcase your brand. It is also possible to share your reports via link. You can also embed the report on your website.
Converting online forms response in PDF files is an annoying and time-consuming task. It also kills productivity. But you can save the life of your productivity by using JotForm’s PDF editor tool.
This tool automatically converts received responses into secure and professional PDF document. Converting such responses into PDF makes it easily sharable.
How To Transform Your Data Into PDF Document-
- Create an online form with JotForm Form builder and publish it to get responses.
- Design your custom PDF format so whenever someone will respond to your form the PDF will automatically get update.
- Edit or download your PDF online with JotForm PDF editor.
JotForm basically has 4 pricing plans. One plan is completely free which means you will get access to their premium features up to a certain limit.
Before discussing the pricing of JotForm I want to tell you that JotForm also offers a 50% discount for non-profit organizations and educational institutions. JotForm is a recurring subscription service that means you can easily cancel anytime or even can downgrade or upgrade your plan anytime.
They also provide 30 days money-back guarantee that means you can cancel your subscription within 30 days period. With that said let’s discuss the pricing plans of JotForm.
1.Starter Plan (Free Plan).
Good For Beginners or for those who first want to try it.
This plan is completely free in which you are allowed to 5 forms. This plan is good only if you want to give it a try before investing your money in it. It is also good if you are a beginner and want to learn it well before buying any paid plan. In this plan, you will get the following features-
- 5 forms limits.
- 100 monthly submissions.
- 100MB available space.
- 1,000 monthly form views.
- 500 submission storage.
- Unlimited reports per form.
- 10 payment submissions.
- HIPAA compliance is not available with the free plan of JotForm.
The only disadvantage of this plan is that under the free plan you will get JotForm icon under your form which isn’t create a professional impression.
Best for solopreneurs or small blog owners.
This is the second plan in JotForm pricing plans. The cost of this plan is $24/month. This plan includes the following features.
- You can create 25 forms with this package.
- 1,000 monthly subscription is allowed.
- 10 GB space is available.
- Limit of 10,000 monthly form views.
- Unlimited total submission storage.
- 100 payment submissions are allowed.
Just like the free plan, this plan also doesn’t include HIPAA compliance forms.
3.Silver Plan (Recommended).
Best for everyone!
The cost of this plan is $29/month. With this plan, you will get the following features-
- Limit of 100 forms.
- 10,000 monthly submissions are allowed.
- 100GB data space is available.
- Unlimited monthly form views are allowed.
- 1,000 payment submissions are allowed.
- HIPAA compliance is included.
This pack contains all the features that’s why it is the most recommended package among all.
Highly recommended to Mid-level firms or website owners.
Gold pack is the largest pack in their pricing list. The cost of this plan is $79/month. In this pack, you will get every feature with the highest capacity.
- You can create unlimited forms which means there are no limits on forms in this plan.
- 100,000 monthly submissions are allowed with this pack.
- 1 TB space will be provided with this plan.
- Unlimited monthly form views are allowed with this plan.
- Unlimited payment submissions are allowed.
- HIPAA compliance is also included.
This plan is good if your business collects data by using online forms more often.
JotForm also offers an enterprise-level plan if you want some extra features. You can contact their sales team if you want to know more about this plan.
How To Create A Form With JotForm?
JotForm’s interface is one of the most simple software interfaces. You can easily roam around and check out their features. The best thing is that they had only added relevant links to their software’s interface which means you don’t have to deal with unnecessary features or links.
But still, if you want a simple and quick review about creating a JotForm form then here it is👇.
- The first step is to sign up with JotForm. Choose your plan and then enter the dashboard by filling up your login information.
- When you will enter the dashboard of JotForm you will see a very simple and easily understandable interface. Take a look👇.
3. Now to start click on Create a form. It will take you to the new window where you can either choose a blank form or can use a pre-built form template or even can import any existing form.
4. Pick a template that matches your brand and click on the “Use Template” button to import the design of your selected interface.
5. After importing your template it will take you directly to the form editor where you can make changes in your form according to your need.
6. On the right side of your form editor you will get the list of elements that you can use in your form like this👇.
Use these elements and design your own branded form and quickly publish to get responses!
JotForm Review - F.A.Q.
Below I have answered most asked questions about JotForm. Take a look!
Is JotForm Secure?
JotForm is absolutely secure. Your data and all private information are completely secure with JotForm. For encryption of form submissions, JotForm uses 2048Bit RSA keys.
Also to provide security for your online payments JotForm is PCI DSS level 1 certified which is the highest security attainment a business can have.
JotForm also discourages search engines from indexing your data to protect your information. Also to provide you protection from any kind of spam and DDOS attack it uses Cloudflare.
So yes JotForm is 100% secure in my opinion.
What Is JotForm Used For?
In short, JotForm is mainly used for creating and publishing custom and responsive online forms. It is an online form builder that helps in creating interactive and highly converting forms by providing you the facility of a drag and drop form builder. You can use it to create application forms, registration forms, survey forms, etc.
Is JotForm Legit?
JotForm is a 100% legit platform for creating online forms. It is trusted by top business brands for creating their online business forms. Also, it is the most trusted brand in developed countries like the united states and Canada.
Adobe, Viacom, RedBull, Ford, Nickelodeon are some top branded customers of JotForm. So yes JotForm is a legit platform.
Is It Good For Beginners?
The interface of Jotform is very simple. You don’t need any kind of technical knowledge to create a form with JotForm. It doesn’t even require coding knowledge. It has a simple drag and drops editor to make work easier.
They also provide 10k+ templates so you don’t have to start with zero. With so many features I think this is the best option for beginners.
Best Pricing Plan Of JotForm?
In my opinion, its Silver Plan is the best plan for anyone. The reason behind this is that it includes all features of this platform in a pretty balanced quantity. Plus you will get full access to their platform. The cost of this plan is also very reasonable. I think Silver Plan is the best plan of JotForm.
JotForm Review - Final Verdict.
I hope this review of JotForm has helped you to understand why it is the best form builder. The reason is that it offers world-class services to its users and has a simple and easy-to-use dashboard.
Now it’s your turn to create an amazing form with JoForm. Create your own branded form and share your story with me in the comments!